We still had quite a bit of banana bread left over, though the amount was shrinking with every pass through the kitchen... ;) I figured it would be in my best interest if I just got rid of the banana bread all at once.... And what is the best way to get rid of leftover bread?
Why, french toast of course! And what would make for better french toast than some yummy Banana Bread?
Banana Bread French ToastEnjoy!
- 3 large eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 8- 3/4 inch thick slices of banana bread
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Maple syrup
- In a shallow dish, mix together egg, vanilla and milk until thoroughly combined.
- Dip bread in egg mixture, turning to coat both sides evenly. (let bread sit in the egg/milk mixture 10 to 15 seconds per side.)
- Preheat butter in skillet on medium-high heat
- Cook banana bread slices on medium heat until browned on both sides. (about 3 to 4 minutes)
- Serve with powdered sugar or maple syrup
If you like this type of recipe and want to see more, you can follow along using the Google Friend Connect widget, bloglovin, through a reader, or signing up via email. Just click on one of the icons below:
I will be linking up to some of the linky parties listed here.