I haven’t made this Taco Salad in so long, I forgot how good it is! I was worried the kids wouldn’t like it because it is “salad”, but they gobbled it right up!
This salad is a long-time family tradition as our go-to meal for potluck dinners. It is traditionally made with ground beef, but I sometimes substitute turkey or even shredded chicken.
- 8 to 10 cups of romaine or iceberg lettuce, chopped. (I have never measured, just whatever looks like enough…)
- 3/4lb to 1lb of lean ground beef (or turkey)
- package of taco seasoning
- 1 can of black or pinto beans, drained
- 1 cup of corn
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1.5 cups of shredded cheese
- 2 cups of Fritos
- Catalina Dressing (use your judgement on the amount.)
- (optional: chopped green onions or black olives)
- Brown the ground meat, adding the taco seasoning in towards the end. Remove from heat and drain if needed. Add your beans and corn to the meat, mix well.
- In a large bowl, mix everything together, adding the the Fritos and dressing last. Combine well, making sure everything is coated with the dressing.
|Hard to get a good picture of a salad in a bowl, lol!|