Last week for our What's Cookin' Wednesday project, we made Rainbow cookies. They turned out so cute (and yummy)!
I actually intended to do something different, but it didn't quite work out... So instead, we threw together a package of sugar cookie mix to make these.
I made the mix and had the kids roll the dough into little balls.
Then we rolled the cookie dough balls into bowls of colored sugar. To make the colored sugar, I slowly mixed a little food coloring with regular sugar, a drop or two at a time, until I got my desired color.
Then we flattened the cookie dough balls on the cookie sheet.
Out came the yummiest, pretty colored cookies ever!
The red, white and blue ones are perfect for the 4th of July. Let me know if you make some!
Now, dig in!
- 1 Package of sugar cookie mix, plus ingredient to make cookies
- 1 cup of sugar divided into 4 (or more) bowls - you will have sugar left over. Store it in a ziplock bag and use on oatmeal or anything else you add sugar to.)
- Food coloring.
1. Mix the sugar cookies according to package directions.
2. Slowly add food coloring to the sugar, a drop or two at a time. Stir and keep adding the food coloring until desired color is achieved.
3. Roll cookie dough into 1 inch balls and place 1 to 2 inches apart. (whatever the package recommends.)
4. Flatten dough with hands or the bottom of a glass and cook according to package directions.
Don't miss any more posts! You can follow along on Feedly, Bloglovin', via blogger using the Google Friend Connect widget, your favorite feed reader, or by signing up via email. Just click on one of the icons below: