We went out to dinner a couple of weeks ago to a nearby restaurant called Pluckers. I'd never been there before but heard they had a great kids eat free on Tuesdays and wanted to try them out. I'm so glad we went, it was great! If you have a Pluckers nearby, check and see if your restaurant does a kids eat free night too.
The restaurant inspired me to try and make my own Buffalo Chicken dish. While at the grocery store, I compared several different brands of buffalo sauce and decided to try Sweet Baby Ray's sauce. I had planned on using my crock pot, but it had gotten too late to use the slow cooker, so I figured I would just simmer the chicken on the stove top. It worked out just fine.
These Creamy Buffalo Chicken Bites were very easy to make and everyone loved them! The Sweet Baby Ray's Buffalo Sauce had just the right amount of kick for me and my little ones. (Which means not much kick at all...) I thought it was a great choice for us. (not too spicy, but lots of flavor) and will buy it again.
Here is how I made them:
- 4 chicken breasts
- buffalo sauce
- chicken broth
- large flour tortillas
- shredded cheese
- optional: 1/2 block of cream cheese, softened (if you find that the buffalo mixture is too spicy, add in a bit of cream cheese to cut the spice...)
- If your chicken breasts are large, cut them up into a few smaller, even-sized pieces.
- Mix together 1 cup of chicken broth and 3/4 cup buffalo sauce and add to a large skillet.
- Place chicken breasts in the sauce mixture. If your chicken breasts are sticking out of the sauce mixture, feel free to add a little more buffalo sauce to the exposed chicken.
- Cover and simmer over medium heat for about 20 minutes, then turn the heat down to medium low and simmer for another 20 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and shred in a large bowl. Add about 1/2 cup (or more if you think it needs it) of the simmering liquid to the shredded chicken along with a little more buffalo sauce. (if you want to add in cream cheese, this is when you would do it...)
- Add a couple of tablespoons of the buffalo chicken down the center of your tortilla, top with cheese and roll up.
- Place the roll-up, seam side down on a lightly greased baking sheet and bake at 425 for about 20 minutes, or until the tortillas are golden brown and crispy. (I did mine in the frying pan the first time I made them and they were just as good.)
- Using a serrated knife, cut into bite sized pieces.
- Serve with your favorite dip and enjoy!
If this is your kind of recipe, you may want to follow along. (I would love to have you as a follower!) You can subscribe using the Google Friend Connect widget, through a reader, or signing up via email. Just click on one of the icons below:
I will be linking up to some of the linky parties listed on this page.