Are you looking for a delicious, comforting chicken recipe for the Crock Pot to warm you up this winter? Then this Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken Chowder is for you!
I love that I was able to toss the ingredients in the crock pot and have a hot meal at dinner time! This Mexican inspired Chicken Chowder was super filling and we had plenty of leftovers for lunch the next day.
- 1.5 lbs chicken breasts, diced into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 celery ribs, chopped (I left these out)
- 4 oz diced green chilies
- 1 cup of Velveeta cheese, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- 1 package of dry chicken gravy mix
- 2 cups of milk
- 2 cups of salsa
- 2 cups of corn
- 32 oz bag of frozen hash brown potatoes
- Combine chicken, onions, garlic, celery and broth in the slow cooker, cover and cook on low for at about 6 hours.
- Dissolve the gravy mix into the milk in a medium size bowl. Stir into the chicken mixture.
- Add the salsa, thawed potatoes, chilies, corn and cheese. Mix well and cover.
- Cook for an additional 2 hours.
Don’t miss any more posts! You can follow along on Feedly, Bloglovin’, via blogger using the Google Friend Connect widget, your favorite feed reader, or by signing up via email. Just click on one of the icons below: