This Chicken Pot Pie is so easy, it's made with Bisquick and leftover chicken. When I made this dish, I actually used the rest of my leftover Christmas turkey. Turkey pot pie is very tasty as well! I am usually pretty stingy with the amount of meat I use in my casseroles and skillets, but I wanted to polish off the leftovers and used what was left, which was a generous amount of turkey.
This recipe is very flexible, so use more meat less veggies or more veggies less meat, it's good either way...
Easy Chicken Pot Pie (Lightened up)
- 1 1/2 cup Heart Healthy Bisquick mix
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 1/3 cup egg substitute
- 11/2 to 2 1/2 cups frozen mixed veggies, thawed
- 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 cups pre-cooked chicken or turkey
- 1 tsp dried thyme leaves (I used sage, but I bet poultry seasoning would be fine too.)
- 1 can Campbell’s Healthy Request Cream of Mushroom soup
- 1 can Campbell’s Healthy Request Cream of Celery soup
- 1/8 cup of reduced fat shredded cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Grease an 8 x 8 casserole dish. In a separate bowl, combine chicken, vegetables and soup and thyme/spices.
Pour the chicken mixture into casserole dish.
In separate bowl, combine Bisquick, milk, and egg. Pour over the top of chicken mixture in the casserole. Bake for about 30 min, or until crust is golden.
Sprinkle cheese on top of casserole and let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
If you like this type of project and want to see more, you can follow along using the Google Friend Connect widget, through a reader, or signing up via email. Just click on one of the icons below:
I will be linking up to some of the linky parties listed here.