I had my crockpot barbecue chicken recipe on my meal plan a few weeks back… Everything was ready: Crock Pot out, liner in and chicken defrosted.
Turns out, what I didn’t have was barbeque sauce. (I guess we’d used it all up with the 15 pounds of meat my hubby smoked over Easter weekend.
I did have a bottle of Sweet Baby Ray’s Buffalo Sauce though, so I went with it….
What I did differently, was about 30 minutes before the end of the cooking time, I tossed in about 3/4 of a block of lowfat cream cheese. Once the cheese seemed melted, I mixed it all together. (The cream cheese doesn’t really melt the way you think it would- it stays in the block form and gets really soft.) I added the cream cheese to help cut the spiciness for me and the kids, but you could omit the cream cheese if you want.
For the 2nd meal (and third), we made wraps! I love recipes that allow you cook once and eat twice, and this one is excellent. (So is the barbeque chicken recipe, btw.) Plus it freezes well. These photo were taken after the creamy buffalo chicken had been frozen and defrosted.
Easy Buffalo Chicken Wraps
- Buffalo chicken mixture (I’ve made buffalo chicken on the stove-top too, here is that recipe.
- Flour tortilla or wrap style tortilla
- Cheese (I used colby jack – If you like blue cheese that might be good, since I can’t stand Bleu Cheese I can neither confirm or deny…)
- optional: Ranch, Bleu Cheese dressing and/or extra buffalo sauce (I did not use any dressing on ours – but hubby added extra buffalo sauce on his for more kick.)
- Fill each tortilla with buffalo chicken mixture, lettuce, tomatoes, cheese and optional dressing.
- Roll up tortilla and secure with toothpicks.
Don’t miss any more posts! You can follow along on Feedly, Bloglovin’, via blogger using the Google Friend Connect widget, your favorite feed reader, or by signing up via email. Just click on one of the icons below: