I was so intrigued by the description and the ease of this recipe that I had to try it out! I know you're not supposed to test out new recipes right before serving the dish to guests, but I had to do it.
I'm so glad I took the chance on this cake! The recipe took less than 15 minute to put together and cook, and was divine. Totally took care of my chocolate craving.
Getting a pretty picture of this cake was a bit difficult, especially since I was taking pictures of the leftovers, but don't let that fool you. This cake rocks!
I originally served the cake with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream, but it's so rich, it might be better with just an icy cold glass of milk. (Or maybe a smaller scoop of ice cream, ha!)
Microwave Chocolate Molten Lava CakeEnjoy!
- 1 box chocolate cake mix (plus all ingredients needed to prepare the cake- (eggs, milk, butter/oil.)
- 1 container of chocolate icing
- Prepare cake mix as directed and pour into a lightly greased cake pan
- Using a spoon, drop scoops of icing on top of cake batter. Use all the icing. It should almost completely cover the batter. (don't mix with the batter—just drop on top. The icing will melt to the bottom and the cake cooks on top, like a pudding cake.)
- Cook 10 minutes in rotating microwave on HIGH or until done.
- Let cool for a few minutes, serve warm topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a glass of cold milk.
If you like this type of project and want to see more, you can follow along using the Google Friend Connect widget, bloglovin, through a reader, or signing up via email. Just click on one of the icons below:
I will be linking up to some of the linky parties listed here.