This Easy 20 Minute White Bean and Chicken Chili Recipe simply can’t be beat on a cold winters day, plus What’s better than having a hot dinner on the table in less than 20 minutes?
Brr, its cold out there! This arctic blast has me bundling up and (gasp) turning up the heat! (I may at one point have second guessed my shearling boot purchase, but not today!) I am so glad I have all the ingredients needed for this quick and easy white bean and chicken chili recipe for tonight…
To have it ready in 20 minutes, I use precooked chicken, but you could easily brown bite sized pieces of chicken breasts in just a few extra minutes. (Are you looking for more quick and easy recipes? Click here)
My family loved this dish, so be sure to give it a try!
Easy 20 Minute White Bean and Chicken Chili
- 2 cups tortilla chips
- cooking oil
- 2 to 3 cups of cooked diced chicken breasts
- 2 15 oz (ish) cans of white beans rinsed and drained
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 1 cup of frozen sweet corn (thawed)
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 4 oz can diced green chilies
- 1 cup of Monterrey jack cheese
- 1.5 tsp dried ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Over med heat, coat bottom of large soup pot, deep skillet or dutch oven with 1 tbs cooking oil. Add diced cooked chicken, and spices. Saute for a minute or so. (If using raw chicken, saute til chicken is browned.)
- Crush tortilla chips in a ziplock bag.
- Add beans, broth, water, green chiles, corn, cheese and crushed chips to the pot.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for at least 5 minutes (or a few minutes longer if you have the time.) Stir occasionally.
- Serve topped with extra crushed tortilla chips and cheese.
Enjoy!Don't miss any more posts! You can follow along on Feedly, Bloglovin', your favorite feed reader, or by signing up via email. Just click on one of the icons below: