I was so happy the day I figured out my stomach issues were due to lactose intolerance. What a relief (literally- haha) to know the cause and be able to do something about it!
I do still eat full fat dairy product on occasion (ice cream, cheesecake, queso, etc...) Full fat dairy doesn't bother me as much as low fat or fat free, but I always use almondmilk in my cereal and make substitutions when possible when I bake or cook.
Have you made the switch to Silk Almondmilk yet? The unsweetened light Silk Almondmilk has only 30 calories per serving and 50% more calcium than milk. (Love that!)
To make these cookies, all you need is ripe bananas, quick cooking oats and Silk Almondmilk. Plus your choice of add-ins. This time, I went with craisins, white chocolate chips and a bit of coconut. (Last time I made these, I used chocolate chips and walnuts...)
Banana and Oats Healthy Cookie
- 4 ripe Bananas
- 2 cups of quick oats
- 1/4 cup of Almond Milk (or regular milk if that is all you have.)
- Add-ins of your choice ( used 1/3 cup of white chocolate chips, Craisins and 1/4 cup of shredded coconut)
- Mash the 4 bananas and mix in the quick oats and almondmilk. Stir everything together and add in your optional mix-ins.
- Spoon Cookie dough onto a very well greased cookie sheet. (I just used my pampered chef scoop and flattened the tops of the cookies out just a bit since they will not spread and I wanted them to cook evenly.)
- Cook at 350 for 15 to 20 minutes or until the cookies look done.
Sign up to receive a $.75 off coupon and you will get more coupons delivered to your inbox plus a special birthday offer. (Plus monthly chances to win a year's supply of Silk.)
Don't miss any more posts! You can follow along on Feedly, Bloglovin', via blogger using the Google Friend Connect widget, your favorite feed reader, or by signing up via email. Just click on one of the icons below: