Today, I’m sharing the recipe for these delicious and healthy Banana and Oatmeal Cookies. They’re dairy free, and depending on your add-ins, gluten and sugar free too. So yummy and healthy, you could serve them for breakfast. (Thanks to Silk for partnering with me on this post!)
I was so happy the day I figured out my stomach issues were due to lactose intolerance. What a relief (literally- haha) to know the cause and be able to do something about it!
I do still eat full fat dairy product on occasion (ice cream, cheesecake, queso, etc…) Full fat dairy doesn’t bother me as much as low fat or fat free, but I always use almond milk in my cereal and make substitutions when possible when I bake or cook. (Plus I love that the unsweetened light Silk Almondmilk has only 30 calories per serving and 50% more calcium than milk.)
To make these cookies, all you need is ripe bananas, quick cooking oats, Silk Almondmilk and your choice of add-ins. This time, I went with craisins, white chocolate chips and a bit of coconut. (Last time I made these, I used chocolate chips and walnuts…)
Healthy Banana and Oatmeal Cookies
- 4 ripe Bananas
- 2 cups of quick oats
- 1/4 cup of Almond Milk (or regular milk if that is all you have.)
- Add-ins of your choice ( used 1/3 cup of white chocolate chips, Craisins and 1/4 cup of shredded coconut)
- Mash the 4 bananas and mix in the quick oats and almond milk. Stir everything together and add in your optional mix-ins.
- Spoon Cookie dough onto a very well greased cookie sheet. (I just used my pampered chef scoop and flattened the tops of the cookies out just a bit since they will not spread and I wanted them to cook evenly.)
- Cook at 350 for 15 to 20 minutes or until the cookies look done.