I’m a fan of all things coconut-y and tropical. (You may remember, I even did an entire tropical drink series while on vacation last summer.) Today I’m sharing the recipe for these delicious Mango Banana Coladas!
The nice folks over at Blue Chair Bay sent me a bottle of the new Blue Chair Bay Coconut Rum to try out, and since I had a bit of fresh mango and bananas left over from my last trip to the store, I knew these ingredients would be perfect in a tropical frozen drink.
It’s Spring Break for us, and today happens to be National Coconut Torte Day; so we celebrated with these yummy Mango Banana Coladas. I made two batches- virgin for the kiddos and spiked with the coconut rum for the adults…
Mango Banana Coladas
- 1 small mango, chopped (about a cup)
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 cup of coconut milk (not creme de coconut, but the kind that comes in a carton or can)
- 1 cup of crushed ice
- 1 to 2 oz of Blue Chair Bay Coconut Rum
- optional: dried unsweetened coconut and sugar for the rim of the glass
- Put all ingredients together in a blender and blend until desired consistency.
- If you’re like me and making virgin and spiked versions, leave the coconut rum out during the first blend, pour out the virgin drinks, then just add the rum and re-blend for about 10 seconds.
- To garnish with the coconut sugar, process 2 tablespoons of dried unsweetened flaked coconut and a tablespoon of sugar in a food processor, single serve blender or coffee grinder until coconut is diced into small pieces.
- Before pouring the drinks, wet the rim of your glass and dip in the coconut sugar. (If you have enough left over, sprinkle some on the top of your drink too, its delicious!)
- Note: This does not work with the sweetened flaked coconut used for baking, since that kind of coconut is not completely dried out, it just gums up in the food processor…)
Would you like to win a bottle of Blue Chair Bay Rum to try for yourself?
(This rum rocks!)
Blue Chair Bay Rum is a collection of premium-blended rums by singer-songwriter Kenny Chesney. Each flavor of Blue Chair Bay Rum begins in white oak barrels a hundred meters from the high water line. They’re all genuine, beach made rums inspired by the spirit of the islands.
To enter the giveaway, just leave a comment telling us what your favorite Rum beverage is. You must be 21 and a US resident to win. Also, be sure to leave a way for me to contact you if you win. The entry period ends 11:59 pm, on 3/16/14, after which I will randomly draw a winner.
For extra entries, you can like Blue Chair Bay Rum on Facebook and/or follow Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom on Pinterest. Just leave a separate comment for each entry.
Don’t miss any more posts! You can follow along on Feedly, Bloglovin’, via blogger using the Google Friend Connect widget, your favorite feed reader, or by signing up via email. Just click on one of the icons below: