If you love brownies, you’ll love this fun and deliciously decadent twist on a Black Forest Cake! Made with two layers of brownies, cherry pie filling and whipped cream this Black Forest Brownie Cake is so rich and delicious- it will knock your socks off!
Thank you to the J.M. Smucker Company for sponsoring this post and making it possible to continue bringing you these fabulously easy dessert recipes and ideas. The opinions and text are all mine.
I try not to eat sweets too often. Don’t get me wrong- I do love desserts, but I don’t find it terribly difficult to say no to cookies, candy or chocolate bars, but there is definitely one treat I can never resist…
Something about the dense, rich, fudgy deliciousness of a brownie gets me every time. (And serve it warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream? There’s no holding me back, lol!)
We had a family birthday party last week and I decided if I was going to indulge in something sweet, then it needed to be something good… Like a brownie- masquerading as a cake, covered in delicious cherry pie filling and topped with sweet whipped cream. We even had vanilla ice cream to go along with this Black Forest Brownie cake. It was amazing!
A black forest cake is usually made with chocolate or devil’s food cake, but once you’ve had it made with brownies, you’ll never go back to plain ol’ chocolate cake.
We’ve been doing quite a bit of baking lately and everyone (neighbors included) has been enjoying them. (Remember the Microwave Carrot Cake I made for easter? That one is a must try!)
This recipe may look daunting, but it’s really easy. It’s just Pillsbury™ Brownie mix, cherry pie filling and whipped cream layered together. It makes such a great presentation! If you need a little extra inspiration for your next cake or brownie batch, be sure to check out the Pillsbury™ Pinterest Page for tons of creative ideas.
I put the kids to work mixing and pouring the brownie batter into the pan! (Funny how that’s the one job they never complain about.)
Wouldn’t you like to have a bite of that?
Black Forest Brownie Cake
- 2 Family size Boxes Pillsbury™ Brownie mix (plus the ingredients called for on the boxes)
- 21 oz Can Cherry Pie filling
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 4 tbsp granulated sugar
- optional diced or chopped almonds for garnish
- Prepare brownies according to recipe on box. Pour batter into 9 inch round pan and bake the minimum time according to directions on box for type of pan.
- Let pan cool for a few minutes, then carefully flip brownie out of the pan to cool completely.
- While brownies are cooling, place bowl for whipped cream and beaters in the freezer
- Just before serving, place 1st brownie layer on serving dish. Spread half cherry filling over top of brownie.
- Beat whipping cream and sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Spread half the whipped cream on top of the cherries.
- Top whipped cream with 2nd brownie layer.
- Top brownies with the remaining cherry pie filling and whipped cream. Garnish with optional nuts
- Store leftovers in fridge.
Recipe Tip: If you use a 8 inch baking pan, you may want to use the smaller size package of brownie mix.
Now it’s your turn! What’s your favorite topping or add-in to a batch of brownies?
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of The J.M. Smucker Company. The opinions and text are all mine.