I’m excited to share this unbelievably delicious Homemade Buttered Pecan Ice Cream Recipe with you today!
To me, no dessert screams summer more to me than a big bowl of homemade vanilla ice cream. There’s just something about that sweet, rich vanilla flavor that can’t be beat! Especially when I’m enjoying that bowl out on the porch, watching the sunset on a warm summer evening. Thank you to Davidson’s Safest Choice® Pasteurized Eggs for partnering with me in bringing you this deliciously easy ice cream recipe.
Last year, I upgraded my Ice Cream maker to the kind that uses a bowl you keep in the freezer. I can’t tell you how wonderful and easy to use this new machine is. The machine makes slightly less ice cream that my old that required ice and rock salt , but I’m ok with that since it is just so ridiculously easy to use. Ice cream in 25ish minutes from start to finish? That can’t be beat!
It’s on my wishlist to purchase a second bowl for the machine, so I can make two different flavors right in a row! (I talked more about the ice cream maker in this post– be sure to check it out, I can’t recommend it enough!)
My favorite homemade ice cream recipe is one made with lots of vanilla and eggs. I always use Safest Choice™ Eggs in my ice cream. That way I can skip the cooking and knock a couple of hours off the prep time. Safest Choice Eggs are safe to consume raw because they are pasteurized in the shell, and the risk of salmonella from raw or undercooked eggs is eliminated.
Want to try these eggs yourself? Visit this store locator to see where they are sold near you and print a coupon!
One of the snacks I’ve been making a lot lately are these candied pecans. I’ve made the recipe with real sugar and also made it sugar-free. (The pecans are great either way.) I figured what better way to enjoy these pecans than to add them to my favorite Vanilla Ice Cream recipe. That was definitely a good call because this is one of the best ice creams I’ve had in awhile! Quick tip: Like your ice cream super sweet? Add a few swirls of caramel topping at the end of the freezing time and you will be in ice cream heaven!
Buttered Pecan Ice Cream
- 4 safest choice pasteurized eggs
- 1.5 cups sugar
- 1/2 can (about 7 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 1.5 tablespoons good quality vanilla
- 4 cups milk (Your choice of whole or 2% milk, half n half, heavy cream- the higher the fat content of the milk, the creamier the ice cream will be.)
- optional (but so good!) Caramel ice cream topping
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tbs butter
- 1 tbs sugar
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs together for a minute or two, add sugar and continue mixing for another minute until eggs and sugar are completely combined.
- Add vanilla, milk and condensed milk. Blend until all ingredients are combined.
- Add mixture to ice cream machine and follow manufacturer’s directions to process.
- Melt butter in large pan over med-high heat.
- Add sugar and stir with spatula until sugar is dissolved.
- Add pecans, reduce heat to medium and gently stir/toss pecans until toasted. (about 5 minutes.) Watch pecans closely they go from being done to burned, very fast.
- Transfer pecans to a plate and let cool.
- a few minutes before ice cream is complete, add pecans to the ice cream and let machine mix the pecans into the ice cream.
- Eat right away as soft serve or transfer to freezer safe container and freeze 2 to 4 hours or until desired consistency is reached.
- Optional step using caramel: Transfer 1/2 of ice cream to freezer safe container. Spread/squeeze a generous amount of caramel over ice cream layer. Add remaining ice cream to container and top with more caramel. Use a butter knife to gently stir the caramel around. Place in freezer for 2 -4 hours.
Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have a big double scoop ice cream cone calling my name!
Don't miss any more posts! You can follow along on Feedly, Bloglovin', your favorite feed reader, or by signing up via email. Just click on one of the icons below: