This Pecan Praline Sauce is so easy to make and tastes amazing! (It’s made in the Microwave.) Praline Sauce brings together the flavors of butter, brown sugar, and pecans and is perfect as a topping on cheesecake, ice cream, yogurt.
The best part is you can dress it up with a mason jar, a bit of ribbon, and a tag for the most amazing quick gift.Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
Easy Praline Sauce
We had meet the teacher night last night, and everyone is very excited for the new school year to start! (Though technically, I’m not looking forward to the early morning routine. Our organization and timely-ness needs work and I am not an early bird, lol.)
I put together this quick Microwave Pecan Praline Sauce for teacher gifts. The sauce is so yummy, makes a perfect topping over vanilla ice cream and cheesecake. This stuff is amazing!!!
What is Pecan Praline Sauce
The pecan praline sauce is a sweet dessert topping sauce made with sugar, butter, pecans, and evaporated milk. The final result is a versatile sauce that is rich, buttery, and full of caramel-y butterscotch flavors.
I couldn’t wait to try the praline sauce and had a scoop of ice cream with it as soon as it was done. It is very rich and delicious, just like a pecan praline. (Creamy pecan pralines are my very favorite candy.)
Looks good, doesn’t it?
Pecan Praline Sauce makes a fabulous gift for anybody, anytime!
Ingredients needed for This Praline Sauce Recipe
(Ingredients at glance, grab the full recipe in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post.)
- Pecans | Natural pecans are what you want. You will toast and chop them yourself.
- Butter | Use salted butter. If you only have unsalted, that will work too, but you will want to add a pinch of salt in with the brown sugar.
- Light brown sugar |
- Flour | All-purpose – this will help thicken your sauce.
- Light corn syrup | Adds sweetness and a beautiful sheen to your syrup. It will also prevent sugar crystals from forming,
- Evaporated milk | I like to use evaporated milk in my sauces and soups as it can withstand high temperatures without curdling. (Plus, in cooked recipes, it gives a taste and consistency similar to cream, but without the extra calories and fat.)
- Vanilla | I always recommend the best vanilla you can find. Definitely, not imitation vanilla as it definitely does not taste as good.
How to Make pecan praline sauce in the microwave.
Pecan Praline Sauce is actually very easy to make. Since this recipe is made in the microwave, you simply combine a few ingredients in a microwave-safe dish and cook the sauce in increments (stirring in between).
I do recommend the extra step of toasting the pecans as it adds an extra depth of flavor. (Just take care not to burn the pecans- it’s easy to do!)
Tips for toasting your pecans in the microwave:
- Use a large microwave-safe dish. (I like to use one of my pyrex baking dishes.)
- Spread the pecan in a smooth layer (not all piled in the middle.)
- Microwave the nuts at 1-minute intervals stirring in between.
- Please remember all microwaves are different and can take between 4 to 7 minutes to toast the pecans all the way. just keep a close eye on them and keep stirring to prevent burning.
Ways to use pecan praline sauce
Pecan Praline sauce makes a fabulous gift and can be used in so many different ways. Makes great topping a topping for:
- pancakes or waffles
- yogurt and ice cream
- bread pudding
- pies and cakes
- Almost any dessert anything made with pumpkin or sweet potatoes
For our teacher gifts, I topped the jars with some pretty fabric and baker’s twine, then added a tag that said: Here is to a “sweet” school year!
Easy Pecan Praline Sauce:Print
Pecan praline sauce is a sweet dessert topping sauce made with sugar, butter, pecans, and evaporated milk. The final result is a versatile sauce that is rich, buttery and full of caramel-y butterscotch flavors and makes a great topping on almost everything!
- 1 1/4 cups chopped pecans
- 7 tablespoons butter (divided)
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Put pecans and 3 Tablespoons butter in microwave safe dish.
- Cook on med-high for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring twice. Watch closely and be careful to not burn the pecans!
- Put rest of butter in separate microwave safe dish and melt in microwave.
- Whisk in brown sugar, and flour, and syrup til blended.
- Cook on high 6-8 minutes, stirring twice until the sugar is dissolved and thick.
- Whisk in Evaporated milk and Vanilla. Stir until well combined.
- Combine pecan/butter mixture with the milk/sugar mixture.
- Store in refrigerator, makes 3 cups.