This Baked Orange French Toast Recipe is definitely the bomb! So yummy and is so great to pop it in the oven and cook all at once. If you’ve never tried Baked French Toast, you definitely need to give this a try.
- 7 eggs
- 1/2 cup orange juice (I used the juice from 1 large orange)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 8 slices of bread
- powdered sugar (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In medium bowl, beat together eggs, juice, milk, sugar, zest, vanilla and nutmeg.
- Place bread in a single layer in a 13 x 9 pan. (I used to so I would not have to do 2 batches.)
- Pour egg mixture over bread. Let soak, turning once until liquid is absorbed. About 5 minutes.
- Place bread slices in a single layer on a buttered baking sheet. (I used 2 baking sheets.)
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Turn slices
- Continue baking 10 to 12 minutes, until browned.
- Dust with powdered sugar if desired and serve.