This easy Barbecue Chicken Pizza is packed with amazing flavors of chicken, barbecue sauce, shredded cheese, and red onion. Makes a tasty pizza for pizza night!
Barbecue Chicken Pizza
If you’re looking for a quick and delicious dinner, this Easy Barbecue Chicken Pizza is it! We’ve eaten this barbecue chicken multiple times in the last couple of weeks.
I’ve made it using different crusts each time – just really depending on what I have on hand. (I even made a diet version using the Flat-Out Bread and low-fat cheese. The low-cal version was actually pretty good, lol.)
Ingredients needed for a Simple BBQ Chicken Pizza:
- Pizza crust
- A good barbecue sauce (Head Country is our fave.)
- Shredded Cheese (I like Colby jack or cheddar for this recipe)
- red onion
How to make the Barbecue Chicken Pizza:
This is one of those recipes where I don’t really measure as I add the toppings, I just add however much is needed or whatever “looks right”. (Find a printable recipe at the bottom of the post.)
Start with your pizza crust, (sometimes I like to prebake it for a few minutes so it is extra crispy) Spread the barbecue sauce over crust, then spread the chicken and onion over the sauce.
Drizzle with more bbq sauce if needed and top with cheese. Bake according to the instructions for your crust. (For the pre-cooked crust I in the pictures, I baked the pizza at 425 for 10 to 12 minutes.)
Can I use Rotisserie Chicken for this Barbecue Chicken Pizza?
This is one of my favorite recipes to make when I bulk cook chicken. I have several recipes that use my slow cooker barbecue chicken recipe, but any chicken, either something you cooked, rotisserie or even canned chicken works great. All you need is a good barbecue sauce and it will be awesome.
What kind of Cheese is best on a BBQ Chicken Pizza?
While I prefer cheddar or Colby Jack. Mozzarella or a smoked gouda would be yummy too. Whatever you have on hand.
Other recipes to use up leftover Barbecue Chicken:
- Baked Barbecue Chicken Sandwiches
- Barbecue Chicken Skillet Pockets
- Barbecue Brisket Stuffed Baked Potatoes (post shows brisket, but chicken is great too)
- Barbecue Chicken Sliders – shred your chicken, mix with bbq sauce and serve on a slider bun
This easy Barbecue Chicken Pizza is packed with amazing flavors of chicken, barbecue sauce, shredded cheese and red onion. Makes a tasty pizza for pizza night!
- Pizza crust of choice
- 3/4 to 1 cup of chopped or shredded cooked chicken
- about 1/3 of a red onion, diced
- +/- 1/4 cup of your favorite barbecue sauce (My favorite is Head Country BBQ sauce)
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup of shredded Colby Jack cheese
- Spread the bbq sauce over your crust, then spread the chicken and onion over the sauce.
- Drizzle with more bbq sauce if needed and top with cheese.
- Bake according to the instructions for your crust. (For the pre-cooked crust I in the pictures, I baked it 425 for 10 to 12 minutes.)