Buffalo Chicken Wraps are so tasty and easy to make. The Buffalo Chicken is cooked…
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
We went out to dinner a couple of weeks ago to a nearby restaurant called Pluckers. I’d never been there before but heard they had a great kids eat free on Tuesdays and wanted to try them out. I’m so glad we went, it was great! If you have a Pluckers nearby, check and see if your restaurant does a kids eat free night too.
The restaurant inspired me to try and make my own Buffalo Chicken dish. While at the grocery store, I compared several different brands of buffalo sauce and decided to try Sweet Baby Ray’s sauce. I had planned on using my crock pot, but it had gotten too late to use the slow cooker, so I figured I would just simmer the chicken on the stove top. It worked out just fine.
These Creamy Buffalo Chicken Bites were very easy to make and everyone loved them! The Sweet Baby Ray’s Buffalo Sauce had just the right amount of kick for me and my little ones. (Which means not much kick at all…) I thought it was a great choice for us. (not too spicy, but lots of flavor) and will buy it again.
Here is how I made them:
- 4 chicken breasts
- buffalo sauce
- chicken broth
- large flour tortillas
- shredded cheese
- 1/2 block of cream cheese, softened (if you find that the buffalo mixture is too spicy, add more cream cheese to cut the spice…)
- If your chicken breasts are large, cut them up into a few smaller, even-sized pieces.
- Mix together 1 cup of chicken broth and 3/4 cup buffalo sauce and add to a large skillet.
- Place chicken breasts in the sauce mixture. If your chicken breasts are sticking out of the sauce mixture, feel free to add a little more buffalo sauce to the exposed chicken.
- Cover and simmer over medium heat for about 20 minutes, then turn the heat down to medium low and simmer for another 20 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and shred in a large bowl. Add about 1/2 cup (or more if you think it needs it) of the simmering liquid to the shredded chicken along with a little more buffalo sauce and the softened cream cheese.
- Add a couple of tablespoons of the buffalo chicken down the center of your tortilla, top with cheese and roll up.
- Place the roll-up, seam side down on a lightly greased baking sheet and bake at 425 for about 20 minutes, or until the tortillas are golden brown and crispy. (I did mine in the frying pan the first time I made them and they were just as good.)
- Using a serrated knife, cut into bite sized pieces.
- Serve with your favorite dip and enjoy!
***Update***: Since I first made this dish over 2 years ago, we have gone buffalo chicken crazy and I have a couple more awesome buffalo chicken recipes to share:
Don’t miss any more posts! You can follow along on Feedly, Bloglovin’, via blogger using the Google Friend Connect widget, your favorite feed reader, or by signing up via email. Just click on one of the icons below: