Does your family like Mexican or Tex-Mex food? Cinco de Mayo is right around the corner and what better reason could there be to serve your favorite Tex-Mex dish than to plan an entire menu around the holiday that celebrates Mexican culture and heritage?
Today I have new appetizer recipe to share that combines my two of my favorite flavors: Green Chilies and Cream Cheese! The best part about this recipe (other than the taste) is how easy it is to make! (BTW, I made this with the stand mixer I am giving away. If you haven’t entered yet go here to enter.)
Creamy Green Chile Dip
- 1 block of cream cheese (8 oz) at room temp
- 3/4 cup of green chile salsa (our favorite is Herdez Salsa Verde)
- 12 oz can of diced green chiles
- A few hours before, set out cream cheese to bring to room temp. (If you forget, you can zap it in the microwave on a low setting for just a bit. It just needs to be soft enough to blend out any cold lumps.)
- Add cream cheese to a large mixing bowl, add salsa and dice green chiles.
- Blend until combined.
- Serve with chips!
That’s it! Easy right? If you like a bit more kick, you can add another 1/4 cup of the salsa and some diced jalapenos- but that would be way too spicy for me and my little ones. (Though my hubby would love it…)
Looking for a few more menu items for your Cinco de Mayo menu? Check out some of my favorite Tex-mex dishes below. (or you can just quickly browse all 30 recipes here.)
Don’t miss any more posts! You can follow along on Feedly, Bloglovin’, via blogger using the Google Friend Connect widget, your favorite feed reader, or by signing up via email. Just click on one of the icons below: