When it comes to Egg Salad, I’m definitely a traditionalist. I love my eggs prepared with Miracle Whip, mustard, sweet relish and salt and pepper. Occasionally, I’ll get the urge to try something new and when I came across a recipe for a Curried Egg Salad, I definitely wanted to try it! I thought it would be a perfect take along appetizer to go with the meal I had prepared for one of our recent outings.
Now, if you’re not a fan of curry, this Egg Salad recipe may not be for you. But if you do like curry, then you just might have found a new way to enjoy your egg salad. (My family gave it 3 out of 4 thumbs up…)
If you’re like me and worry about Salmonella and eggs, I recommend giving Davidson’s Safest Choice Eggs a try. They are pasteurized in the shell, so the risk of salmonella is eliminated. I’ve been using the Safe Eggs (especially when cooking with the kids) for a few years now. I dug way back into my archives to find the post I first mentioned them in – over 3 yeas ago. (My little guys have changed so much…) If you want to try them out too, click here to read more about the pasteurization process and grab a coupon here ==>> Click here for the coupon!
I always use my little egg slicer to chop eggs. (Love that egg slicer- I use it on strawberries, bananas, mushrooms. Anything soft.) How do you chop yours?
I show the egg salad on Melba toast in the photos here, but it was so much better with pita chips!
Curried Chicken Salad: Adapted from Epicurious.com
Kick your Egg Salad Recipe up a notch! If you’re a fan of curry, this Curried Egg Salad recipe is a MUST try!
- 8 Safe Eggs, boiled and diced
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 1/2 tbs fresh lime juice (or whatever measurement is equivalent of the bottled stuff…)
- Curry powder (if you are unsure of the curry, start with 1/2 tsp and give it a taste. I the egg salad needs more flavor add another half tsp, taste and maybe another 1/2 tsp.)
- 1 tsp yellow mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- optional: up to 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- optional: 1/8 tsp cayenne (I left this out. I threw my cayenne out the day I mistook it for chili powder and never plan to buy it again!!!)
- Mix together mayo, lime juice, curry powder, mustard, salt and optional cayenne until well combined.
- Add eggs, apple, onion and optional cilantro. Stir until combined.
- Serve on sandwich bread or with Pita chip and eat it like a dip. (That’s how we did it…)
This is one of those recipes that is even better the next day. So if you have time, I recommend making this egg salad a little bit ahead of time and let it sit in the fridge for the flavors to combine even more!
What is your favorite way to prepare egg salad? Let me know in the comments below.
I am a member of the Darling Dozen for Safest Choice™ Pasteurized Eggs, this is a sponsored post, but all photos, recipe, opinions are my own and I use these eggs because I love them and used them even before becoming a member of the Darling Dozen.
Don’t miss any more posts! You can follow along on Feedly, Bloglovin’, via blogger using the Google Friend Connect widget, your favorite feed reader, or by signing up via email. Just click on one of the icons below: