Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
Girl’s A-Line Sheath Dress Pattern Sewing Instructions
Click here to return to the photo styling page. (page 1)
Click here to return to the pattern download. (page 2)
Save this Pattern and tutorial by pinning here ==>>
- Size 5 and up: about a yard for the outer dress and about a yard for the lining
- Size 4 and down: about 3/4 yard of each.
- 6 to 8 buttons
- iron/spray starch
- Ruler/measuring tape and other basic sewing supplies
Pattern printing and fit tips:
- When printing the pattern, make sure to download the pattern to your computer, open it in adobe reader and print from there, turning off all scaling.
- Keep in mind, our kids all range in height, so I recommend comparing a dress you have or taking a measurement to ensure your dress in the right length.
- If you need a pattern size I did not include, it’s super simple to create your own pattern. I included the instructions for making a pattern.(Click this link to see the picture below much larger and in a new window.)
Flip dress right side out by pushing the pattern through one only one of the arm holes. (picture shows two, sorry…)
Fold in the extra seam allowance at the opening in the armhole.
Pin the opening in place and press all the seams flat.
Do the same thing at the bottom, folding about 1/2 inch. Press, use spray starch and pin in place.
Top stitch around the entire dress: both back seams, bottom, neckline and both arm holes.
Lay out the dress, overlapping the back pieces by about 1/2 inch. Using a fabric marker, mark the placement of the buttons.
Create the button holes, sew on the buttons and you are done!
If you end up making one of these, please come back and share your finished dress on my facebook page or tag me on instagram!
Like this tutorial? Don’t forget to pin it!