Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
Some of the artwork I have in my home was bought almost 15 years ago. The actual art is ok, in fact I still see some of the prints around. But with some of the older art, the frames are either out of date or just don’t go with my walls.
I have been slowly taking down the art and re-doing the frames. Here is a before/after of the pictures I re-did in the guest bedroom.
The bedding, pictures and accent furniture were all bought 15 years ago. (The bed is a hand-me-down.) I do need to buy a new blanket for this room, I took the one from this bed and put it in my son’s room. So I will probably add a solid coverlet or blanket, and then fold the existing comforter at the foot of the bed for accent. I see that done quite a bit and have already done it in the master bedroom. Everything else is in excellent shape, so as outdated it may be, this room is pretty much dead last on my 10 page list of things to do. (I say 10, but we have to be down to at least 7 by now…)
The process I used for updating my frames was super easy and I will show you how to do it for yourself.
The products I used:
|Rustoleum Metallic finish in oil rubbed bronze and a metallic finish clear coat.|
|Golden bronze cream stencil paint.|
Step 1: If you can, take apart your frame. (For my guest bedroom pictures, I had to use paper and tape to cover the art.) Line a surface in a well ventilated area with news paper or a drop cloth and give the frame an even coat or two of spray paint.
Step 2: Once dry, dab a little of the paint cream onto a paper plate. Then, dip a dry brush into the paint. You will want to dab off some of the paint onto a paper towel, so you don’t get a big blob of color where you start. Lightly dry bush the paint cream over any raised area or any other place you want to add the burnished accent.
Step 3: Follow the package directions for drying time, then add your clear protective coat.
That’s pretty much it. This update was quick and easy and can be done with any color combination.
The photo frame I used in the demonstration was cool-toned dark gray with pewter accents, It was very pretty, but did not go with my color scheme.
And now it is a perfect match. I added the photos from this years bluebonnet pictures to the frame, and it just needs to be hung!
If you like this project and want to see more, please consider becoming a follower. You can subscribe using the Google Friend Connect widget, through a reader, or signing up via email. Just click on one of the icons below:
I will be linking up to some of the fabulous linky parties listed here.