Thank you to Simply Potatoes for partnering with me in sharing this quick and easy skillet recipe for Cheesy Sausage and Potato Hash.
I love country-style hash browns, but what I don’t enjoy is all the chopping and cook time for the potatoes (unless you’re using leftovers, of course.) To make potato prep quick and easy, I like to use precooked, fresh potatoes (like Simply Potatoes.)
Have you seen Simply Potatoes at the grocery store? They’re refrigerated, prepared potatoes, usually found in the refrigerated dairy section. (Though my local grocery store had them over in the meat department.) They come in all different varieties: cut, diced and even mashed!
For this recipe, I used the diced potatoes with onion, 1/2 a green bell pepper, shredded cheese and a package of smoked sausage. It took no more than 20 minutes to put it together and got 4 thumbs up! (Plus the leftovers were fabulous in our eggs the next morning.)
Easy Skillet Meal: Cheesy Sausage and Potato Hash
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total Time: 20 min
- Yield: serves 4 1x
- Category: breakfast
- Method: stovetop
- 1 lbs. diced, cooked potatoes (or a bag of Simply Potatoes)
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 2 tbs oil
- 1 lb smoked sausage, sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- In large skillet, over med high heat, saute green peppers and potatoes until the potatoes are golden brown. (about 10 minutes.)
- Add sliced sausage and continue to cook until sausage is heated through. Cook a bit longer if you wish your sausage to brown a bit.
- Turn off heat, sprinkle hash with shredded cheese and cover for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Keywords: sausage, potatoes
Like this recipe? Don’t forget to pin it!
Looking for more breakfast for dinner ideas? Check out these recipes: