This Espresso Bean and Almond Chocolate Bark is the perfect treat for anyone who loves coffee and chocolate! Be sure to print out the included Father’s Day Treat topper as a fabulous Father’s Day gift idea!
Father’s Day gifts can be so difficult to pick out! I can’t really afford to buy my hubby what he really wants (a used, 4 seater convertible BMW, lol) and the poor guy doesn’t need need another button down shirt. (This custom football is a fabulous gift idea, but it doesn’t really count, since I had it made for him over 3 weeks ago!)
So this year I will be treating him to a day of his favorites! Sausage and gravy casserole for breakfast, BBQ for dinner and blueberry dump cake for dessert. (Ok and I am also giving him this– but that is more of a selfish gift as I hope he will use it to keep the dirt and debris off the back porch …)
I am also making him a batch of his favorite Espresso Bean and Almond Chocolate Bark! The entire batch will be for him.
Around the holidays, I was inspired to try and create chocolate covered coffee beans like you see at Starbucks to give as gifts. For whatever reason I could not get enough chocolate to stick to the beans. Hubby suggested I just dump all the coffee beans back into the chocolate and make a chocolate candy instead.
So that’s what I did!
I created this little printable treat topper that is perfect for any Father’s Day treats you decide to make! Download the Father’s Day Treat topper here.
Espresso Bean and Almond Chocolate Bark
- 12 to 14 oz of your favorite Melting Chocolate (I used Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Melting Wafers)
- 1/2 cup whole coffee or espresso beans
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds (plus a couple of tbsp more for sprinkling on top)
- optional: small amount of white candy coating for drizzling)
- wax paper
For gift giving:
- Cover large baking sheet with wax paper.
- Follow manufacturer’s instructions for melting chocolate.
- Mix almonds and coffee beans into chocolate.
- Spread chocolate mixture onto wax paper in a thin layer.
- If adding optional white chocolate drizzle, melt about 1/8 to 1/4 cup according to package directions. Transfer to small ziplock bag. (Carefully as candy will be hot) Snip off a corner of bag and drizzle white candy coating over top of chocolate bark.
- Sprinkle the rest of the chopped almonds on top.
- Place bark in refrigerator about 30 minutes or until completely hardened.
- Use a large knife to break into pieces.
- Add to treat bags if desired.
Don't miss any more posts! You can follow along on Feedly, Bloglovin', your favorite feed reader, or by signing up via email. Just click on one of the icons below: