What is better than a cold ice cream treat on a hot summer day?
I thought this easy blender Raspberry Sorbet it would be a great activity to do with my little guys as a kitchen activity for our 1st What’s Cookin’ Wednesday.
Raspberry Sorbet in three minutes!
And what better way to share it than letting my 6 year old take over the demonstration:
- 1 bag of frozen fruit (I used Raspberries, but I think almost any frozen fruit would work. I’ll be trying peach next.)
- 1/2 cup of sugar (or less if you prefer)
- 2/3 cup of cream (all I had was a little regular half n half and some fat free half n half and it was just fine. I would guess, the heavier your cream, the creamier your sorbet will be.)
- 1tsp vanilla
(To see how easy it really is, just watch our Raspberry Sorbet You Tube Video. If you cant see the embedded video, here is the link.)
- Place all ingredients into your blender or food processor and blend till creamy. About a minute or less…
- If you prefer a firmer texture, you can freeze for a little while, or even better, you could freeze into popsicle molds.
**Update: We did make a peach sorbet next. I let my little Missy handle the demonstration for this one. If you want to see her make the video, click here, but be prepared for an extra dose of cuteness!
If you like these projects and want to see more, please consider becoming a follower. You can subscribe using the Google Friend Connect widget, through a reader, or signing up via email. Just click on one of the icons below:
I will be linking up to some of the fabulous Linky parties found here.