I was visiting a friend recently and flipping through a few of her old of her cookbooks. One of the cookbooks she has was Now Eat This! by Rocco DiSpirito.
His lightened up recipe for Fettuccine Alfredo caught my eye. (as well as a few of his photos too, wink wink…) The photo looked really good so I definitely wanted to give his version a shot since the last diet Alfredo recipe I tried was not so great.
- 8 oz fettuccine noodles
- 1 tbs butter
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- pinch of ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup of fat free chicken broth
- 3/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 3/4 cup low fat Greek yogurt
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions and drain
- While pasta is cooking melt butter in a non stick saute pan over medium heat. Add garlic and saute for 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the nutmeg and cornstarch in a small bowl. Whisk in the chicken broth until smooth.
- Pour the mixture in to the saute pan. Raise the heat and bring the sauce to a simmer, whisking occasionally. Whisk in 1/2 cup of the cheese and stir until it has melted.
- Remove the pan from the heat and whisk in the yogurt until the sauce is smooth.
- In a large bowl, toss the fettuccine with the Alfredo sauce. Season with salt and pepper and top with remaining cheese.
If you like this type of recipe and want to see more, you can follow along using the Google Friend Connect widget, through a reader, or signing up via email. Just click on one of the icons below:
I will be linking up to some of the linky parties listed here.