I haven’t made this Taco Salad in so long, I forgot how good it is! This is my Mom’s Taco Salad with Fritos and Catalina Dressing recipe. It’s the best taco salad and great for potlucks!
I was worried the kids wouldn’t like it because it is “salad”, but they gobbled it right up!
There is something about Fritos, Catalina dressing and taco flavors that go together just perfectly. My 6-year-old even asked for seconds. (Yes, on a salad!)
This salad is a long-time family tradition as our go-to meal for potluck dinners. It is traditionally made with ground beef, but I sometimes substitute turkey or even shredded chicken.
Mom’s Taco Salad with Fritos and Catalina Dressing
- 8 to 10 cups of romaine or iceberg lettuce, chopped. (I have never measured, just whatever looks like enough…)
- 3/4lb to 1lb of lean ground beef (or turkey)
- package of taco seasoning
- 1 can of black or pinto beans, drained
- 1 cup of corn
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1.5 cups of shredded cheese
- 2 cups of Fritos
- Catalina Dressing (use your judgement on the amount.)
- (optional: chopped green onions or black olives)
- Brown the ground meat, adding the taco seasoning in towards the end. Remove from heat and drain if needed. Add your beans and corn to the meat, mix well.
- In a large bowl, mix everything together, adding the Fritos and dressing last. Combine well, making sure everything is coated with the dressing.
|Hard to get a good picture of a salad in a bowl, lol!|
Don't miss any more posts! You can follow along on Feedly, Bloglovin', your favorite feed reader, or by signing up via email. Just click on one of the icons below: