My hubby and I have been together for over 18 years, so I pretty much know the drill when it comes to Christmas gifts…
He always asks what I want and I give him a nice big list with prices ranging from high to low, for him to choose from. Then he waits until Christmas Eve, between the hours of 11 am to 2 pm, and just goes to the strip mall down the road from his office. This particular strip mall has a Victoria’s Secret and an Origins. So my gift will consist of something from VS or a weird gift basket from Origins plus either cash or a Visa Gift card. (I actually really don’t mind getting cash, because I’ll put it towards something big that I really want or go shopping at the mall. Last year, I put the money towards a Tablet, but the Ginger gift set from Origins was kind of stinky and even though they would have taken it back, I felt too awkward to return it…)
I hope this post doesn’t sound too much like a complaint, but he is going to spend the money and I want to help him spend the money smartly. On Christmas eve – the only gift sets left are the expensive ones and the ones no one wants and that is just money down the drain…
This year, I got smart and made a collage list on Polyvore. (If you’re on Polyvore, be sure to leave your profile url in the comments and I’ll follow you or you can click here to follow me and I’ll follow back.)
I’ll send him the photo collage along with the link list and prices, that way he can just choose what he wants. It’s pretty neat, he can see everything on my wishlist in one place and just click and buy. I’ll give him a reminder or two, but if he waits til the last minute again, well, we’ll just see what happens…
Here is my list, are any of these on your list too?
1. Project Life Binder – Amber Edition
2. Project Life Core Kit – Amber Edition
3. Project Life: Photo Pocket Pages – Big Pack of Design A (60 Pages)
4. Nikon SB-700 AF Speedlight Flash for Nikon Digital SLR Cameras
5. Philosophy Miracle Worker Full Size Kit
6. Tignanello Drawstring Shopper from Macy’s
7. Nikon 85mm f/1.8G AF-S NIKKOR Lens for Nikon Digital SLR Cameras
8. Visa Gift Card
9. Fairgate Fashion Form Hip French Curve 3-in-1 Rule
10. BCBGeneration Women’s Priyah Pump
11. AeroPress Coffee and Espresso Maker
12. Brother 2340CV Cover Stitch Machine (not a serger)
13. Sally Hansen Gel Polish Gel Manicure Starter Kit – Red My Lips
Many of these items can be found locally, but it is hard to beat the ease of Amazon, their prices and our prime 2 day shipping!
I would love to see which items are on your ultimate gift wish list, please share in the comment section!