We have had a busy week around here… Lots of yard work, some sewing, t-ball practice. It has also been tough trying to get back into our schedule after only one week of spring break. The time change has not helped either. In fact I am going to try to squeeze in a nap before the school bus comes…
I don’t have much to show for it, but I have been sewing this week. I tried to make myself a house dress by copying a little dress I found at Marshall’s. It looked so easy, I thought I would just give it a shot, no pattern needed. This is the dress I was copying:
(It is inside-out.) The dress looked really easy, just 4 rectangles sewn together. (two for the skirt and two for the top.) I stretched out the waistband to get the measurements. I put it together fairly quickly, (for me) and was pleased with the result. Then my husband said the solid fabric made it look like a hospital gown. So I spent the rest of the week “tweaking” it.
|Here is the original attempt|
|Here is the final result.|
I was looking through my pattern stash and found this pattern.
I found this cute little polo top at Walmart and thought it would be perfect to use with this pre-ruffled fabric I picked up at Hobby Lobby last year.