Hi Everyone! This is such an awesome little dessert for Valentine’s Day that I thought it deserved another look as a Flashback Friday post…
Cherries and cream cheese are one of my favorite dessert combinations. Combine the two with pie crust and a heart shaped cookie cutter and you get a sweet little Cream Cheese and Cherry Heart Pastry, just perfect for a Valentine’s Day Treat for someone you love.
This dessert recipe is so yummy! It is based on one of my favorite Pampered Chef recipes. I redid the recipe using a different crust, which makes it so much easier to cut shapes and is just perfect for a Valentine’s Day Dessert..
These were fairly easy to put together, here is how I did it:
- 1 to 2 pkgs refrigerated pie crust (depending on how many you want to make, or you could always make your own pie crust)
- 1 pkg. cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla or almond extract
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- large heart cookie cutter
- small heart cookie cutter (optional)
- parchment paper
- rolling pin
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 tsp. milk