– Fabric for front and back – scissors, ruler, iron – coordinating thread – iron on interfacing
1. Wash and iron fabric. 2. Cut front and back fabric into 19.5 by 14.5 inch rectangles. 3. Add interfacing if desired.
4. Line up the front and back fabric pieces, right sides together. Pin and sew 1/4 inch from the edge, leaving a 2-inch opening to turn the fabric.
5. Trim the edges 1/8 inch, clip corners on the diagonal and flip the placemat right side out.
6. Iron the edges of the placemat flat, tucking in the edges of the 2 inch opening. Topstitch all the way around the placemat, a scant 1/8 inch from the edge.