These 3 ingredient protein pancakes are made with eggs, cottage cheese, and oatmeal! Packed with protein and heart-healthy and fiber-rich oats, they are a perfectly healthy way to start your morning.
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 2 large eggs
- optional: 1/4 tsp baking powder, pinch of salt
- Place the oats, cottage cheese, eggs, plus optional baking powder and salt into a blender and process on high speed until the ingredients are well-combined and the cottage cheese is no longer lumpy. (about 30 to 40 seconds in my Nutri-Ninja bullet blender.)
- Heat a large nonstick frying pan over medium heat. Coat the pan with nonstick spray or oil and then pour the batter into the pan to make a 3 to 4-inch pancake.
- Cook until the pancakes are set around the edges and golden brown on the bottom. Flip the pancakes with a spatula and cook until the second side is golden-brown, 1 to 2 minutes more. Transfer to a plate.
- Repeat cooking the remaining batter.
- Serve warm with fruit, powdered sugar, or syrup.
If you have baking powder on hand, I highly recommend using it. Baking powder helps add fluffiness to the pancakes. Baking powder reacts to liquid and heat, and that reaction causes the gas cells to expand, which in turn, causes the pancake batter to rise.
Nutrition is calculated with low-fat cottage cheese and without toppings.
- Serving Size: 2 pancakes
- Calories: 216
- Fat: 8
- Carbohydrates: 18
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 19
Keywords: protein pancakes, 3 ingredient protein pancakes, cottage cheese pancakes