Apple Pie Bars are made with buttery crescent roll dough and layered with delicious apple filling, streusel topping, and drizzled with a rich and creamy icing for the perfect fall dessert.
- 2 cans crescent roll dough
- 3 cups baking apples, cored, and sliced
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 Teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- 4 Tablespoons cold butter
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
For the icing:
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350º
- Core and slice apples into ⅛ to ¼ inch thick slices, peeling if desired
- Toss with lemon juice, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger, and set aside
- Make the streusel topping by cutting butter, flour, and brown sugar together until completely mixed, and crumbly. set aside
- Unroll crescent roll dough, and line a greased, or parchment-lined 11-15 inch jelly roll pan with them
- Top evenly with apple mixture
- Sprinkle streusel over apples
- Bake in the center of the oven for 30 minutes, until the edges are golden brown, and apples are soft, and remove from oven. Let cool.
- While bars are baking, combine icing ingredients, and beat until smooth
- Drizzle icing over bars.
- This recipe is easily halved: Cut this recipe in half to fit an 8×8 pan.
- Let the apple bars cool before cutting: This will allow the apple bars to set for easy serving.
Keywords: apple bars, apple pie bars