Baked Cream Cheese Pasta is a pasta dish made with roasted tomatoes, spinach, and basil tossed in a rich, creamy, cream cheese sauce.
- 2 pints grape/cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 8 oz. block of cream cheese
- 10 oz. dry pasta
- 8 oz. baby spinach
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1 Teaspoon Italian spices (I like this Italian herb grinder from McCormick)
- 1 cup reserved pasta water
- Optional: 1/4 tsp or more crushed red pepper flakes
- Optional: 1 to 1 1/2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the block of cream cheese in the center of a baking dish. Add the tomatoes to the dish, around the cream cheese.
- Drizzle the cream cheese and tomatoes with olive oil, and add salt and pepper. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the tomatoes start to shrivel and release their juices.
- Meanwhile, boil the pasta according to the package instructions. Reserve a cup of the pasta water and drain the pasta.
- Return the pasta to the pot and add in the spinach, stirring it around until the spinach starts to wilt. (If adding optional pre-cooked chicken, now is the time to add it to the pot.)
- Add the tomato and cream cheese mixture to the pasta and stir until everything is combined and coated with the cream cheese.
- Add pasta water a quarter cup at a time until desired creaminess is reached. (I used almost the entire cup of water.)
- Taste, add salt and pepper as needed, and optional red pepper flakes for a bit of kick.
- Serve warm, garnished with optional fresh basil.
- For less mess, I usually add the block of cream cheese and tomatoes to a foil-lined baking sheet. I just used the white casserole dish today for the photos.
- If you can get your hands on a bit of fresh basil, it adds the perfect little pop of brightness to the pasta.
- Nutrition calculated without the chicken.
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 502
- Fat: 32
- Carbohydrates: 41
- Protein: 10
Keywords: baked cream cheese pasta