These easy Baked Southwest Eggrolls are full of tex-mex flavor and make a perfect finger food for parties, game day, get-togethers or even as a quick dinner for the family!
- 1 cup of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn, drained
- 10 oz diced chicken breast
- 2 tbsp of diced green chilis
- 1/2 block of cream cheese, softened (4 oz)
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup of shredded cheese, mexican blend
- wonton wrappers, phyllo dough, pie crust, or tortillas
1. Preheat oven to 375f.
2. Combine all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Stir together until completely mixed.
3. Add a couple of scoops of the chicken mixture to the center of the wrapper/dough. Fold the wrapper up like a burrito. (If using tortillas, I recommend just rolling the tortilla up instead of folding the edges over.)
4. Bake at 375f for 15 to 20 minutes or until the outside edges are crispy and golden brown. (If you find the egg roll wrappers are getting too brown around the edges before crisping up, you can move the baking dish to the lowest rack.)
*Recipe notes: If you want to use the entire can of the beans corn and chilis, go ahead. Just increase the cream cheese to 8 oz (the entire block)
If serving these to small children who don’t like spicy stuff, you may want to leave out the diced green chilis.