If you love brownies, you’ll love this fun and deliciously decadent twist on a Black Forest Cake! Made with two layers of brownies, cherry pie filling and whipped cream this Black Forest Brownie Cake is so rich and delicious- it will knock your socks off!
- 2 Family size Boxes Pillsbury™ Brownie mix (plus the ingredients called for on the boxes)
- 21 oz Can Cherry Pie filling
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 4 tbsp granulated sugar
- optional diced or chopped almonds for garnish
- Prepare brownies according to recipe on box. Pour batter into 9 inch round pan and bake the minimum time according to directions on box for type of pan.
- Let pan cool for a few minutes, then carefully flip brownie out of the pan to cool completely.
- While brownies are cooling, place bowl for whipped cream and beaters in the freezer
- Just before serving, place 1st brownie layer on serving dish. Spread half cherry filling over top of brownie.
- Beat whipping cream and sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Spread half the whipped cream on top of the cherries.
- Top whipped cream with 2nd brownie layer.
- Top brownies with the remaining cherry pie filling and whipped cream. Garnish with optional nuts
- Store leftovers in fridge.
Recipe Tip: If you use an 8 inch baking pan, you may want to use the smaller size package of brownie mix.