Fresh blueberries, old-fashioned oats, brown sugar, and cinnamon combine to create this warm and comforting Blueberry Baked Oatmeal. This one-bowl breakfast can be made in less than an hour and is perfect for everything from lazy Sunday mornings to brunch with friends!
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1.5 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1.5 cups milk
- 1/3 cup salted butter, partially melted
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, baking soda, cinnamon, and brown sugar.
- Add the milk, butter, and egg and whisk the ingredients together until homogenous.
- Pour the oatmeal mixture into an 8×8 baking dish and sprinkle the blueberries over the top of the oatmeal.
- Bake the dish for 35 to 45 minutes and allow it to cool slightly before serving.
- Serve warm or cold and enjoy!
- It is best to use fresh blueberries in this dish, but if you do not have access to any, you can always use frozen blueberries.
- If using frozen blueberries, you can use ¼ cup less milk because the frozen blueberries will contain more liquid.
- You can store this dish in the fridge for up to 5 days. You can either eat it cold or reheat it in the microwave on 30 second intervals until heated all the way through.
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 323
- Fat: 15
- Carbohydrates: 39
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 9
Keywords: baked oatmeal, baked blueberry oatmeal, blueberry baked oatmeal