The combination of the broccoli, bacon, onions, almonds and tangy dressing make for the best low carb Broccoli Salad!
- Fresh broccoli, chopped, (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup red grapes, quartered
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar or your favorite sugar substitute
- 6 cooked bacon strips, chopped
- 1/4 cup diced almonds
- Add water to a large saucepan (enough to cover broccoli) and bring to boil.
- Add chopped broccoli to boiling water and cook for 1 minute.
- Drain broccoli and cool in an ice bath to stop cooking.
- Add broccoli, grapes and onion to a large bowl.
- Combine the mayonnaise, vinegar and sugar in a small bowl and pour over broccoli. Stir until combined. (Store in fridge until ready to serve.)
- Just before serving, add bacon and sliced almonds.
Tips: Drain off as much of the water from the broccoli that you can. A salad spinner works great for this.