Sweet, banana-y and full of caramel deliciousness, these Gluten-Free Waffles with Caramel Banana Sauce are decadently delicious! It’s a perfect special occasion breakfast. So good, its almost a dessert!
- 8 to 10 Gluten-Free Van’s Waffles
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons butter
- tiny pinch salt
- 1 banana, sliced into 1/4 inch thick pieces
- optional: toasted walnut pieces
- optional: whipped cream
- Mix the brown sugar, half-and-half, butter and salt in a saucepan over low heat.
- Cook while stirring gently until the sugar melts. (just a couple of minutes) Cook another minute, stirring constantly.
- Add bananas and optional walnuts another minute to thicken further.
- Turn off the heat, cool slightly and pour into bowl.
- Make sure to heat the sugar mixture over low and stir constantly.
- Bananas should not be too ripe to keep them from becoming mushy.