Carrot Cake Bars with a cream cheese swirl is a delicious combination of carrot cake and luscious cheesecake. Sweet, creamy cheesecake plus the flavor of classic carrot cake in one bite. Prepare to be wowed by this gorgeous bar that swirls together two desserts into pure deliciousness.
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded carrots (about 1 large)
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350º Fahrenheit.
- Whisk butter and brown sugar together in a large bowl.
- Whisk in egg and vanilla extract.
- Add flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix until just combined.
- Stir in carrots.
- Spread ¾ of the batter into a greased or parchment-lined 8×8-inch baking pan.
- In a smaller mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and granulated sugar together until smooth.
- Beat in egg and vanilla until fully incorporated.
- Spread over the carrot cake layer.
- Dot with remaining cake batter.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes until edges begin to brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool in the pan.
- Slice into 12 bars and serve.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 299
- Fat: 13
- Carbohydrates: 38
- Protein: 8
Keywords: carrot cake bars