This Cherry Dump Cake Recipe is AMAZING! 5 minutes of prep results in a sweet, tart cherry pie type dessert, topped with a decadent buttery crust!
- 1 box of yellow cake mix
- 2 21 oz can of cherry pie filling
- 1 large (20 oz) can of crushed pineapple, drained
- 1.5 sticks of butter (use as much needed to cover the cake)
- Optional: 1/3 cup pecan pieces
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Spread the 2 cans of cherry pie filling over the bottom of a 9.5 x 13 cake pan/pyrex dish (or similar size-but no bigger.)
- Spread partially drained can of crushed pineapple over pie filling.
- Evenly sprinkle the dry cake mix over the top of the fruit.
- Optional: add pecan pieces on top of the cake mix.
- Thinly slice the butter sticks and place the sliced butter pieces over the dry cake mix. (you can melt the butter and drizzle it too, but I have found the results are best by slicing the butter.)
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until the cake topping is golden brown.
- Serving Size: 1/12 of recipe
Keywords: cherry dump cake, cherry pineapple dump cake, cherry dump cake recipe