This Cherry Dump Cake Recipe is AMAZING! 5 minutes of prep results in a sweet, tart cherry pie type dessert, topped with a decadent buttery crust!
- 1 15.25 oz box of yellow cake mix
- 2 21 oz can of cherry pie filling
- 1 large (20 oz) can of crushed pineapple, drained
- 1.5 sticks of butter (use as much needed to cover the cake)
- Optional: 1/3 cup pecan pieces
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Spread the 2 cans of cherry pie filling over the bottom of a 9.5 x 13 cake pan/pyrex dish (or a similar size – no bigger.)
- Spread drained can of crushed pineapple over the pie filling.
- Evenly sprinkle the dry cake mix over the top of the fruit.
- Optional: add pecan pieces on top of the cake mix.
- Thinly slice the butter sticks and place the sliced butter pieces over the dry cake mix, thoroughly covering the top of the cake mix. (you can melt the butter and drizzle it too, but I have found the results are best by slicing the butter.)
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until the cake topping is golden brown.
- Serving Size: 1/12 of recipe
- Calories: 341
- Fat: 13
- Carbohydrates: 56
- Protein: 2
Keywords: cherry dump cake, cherry pineapple dump cake, cherry dump cake recipe