Fresh, sweet corn on the cob, slathered in butter with lots of salt and pepper is the ultimate late summer vegetable. Save time and energy with this microwave corn on the cob cooking method.
- Corn on the cob
- Optional toppings: salt pepper, butter, parsley, cheese, chili powder lime
Shucked corn on the cob:
- Dampen a paper towel and loosely wrap 1 to 2 ears of corn. Each ear in its own towel. Place the corn on a microwave-safe plate.
- Microwave the corn on high two minutes for one ear and three minutes for two ears. (Add 1.5 minutes for each ear up to 4 at a time.)
- Let cool just a bit and add your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Corn on the cob still in the husk:
- Place the corn, still in its husk on a microwave-safe plate. (You can trim the ends a bit if the corn won’t fit in the microwave)
- Cook corn for 2 minutes for one ear and add about a minute and a half for each additional ear, no more than 4 at a time. (Time may vary based on microwave wattage.)
- Let the corn cool.
- After about a few minutes of cooling time, cut the end of the corn with the stub about 1 inch.
- Grab the end of the husk with the silk, and work the husk off the corn. Use a towel when gripping the corn as the ear will still be quite hot. You may have to rock it a bit, but the corn silk and husk should slide right off.
- Add your favorite toppings and enjoy!