Yummy Cranberry Jello Salad with pineapple oranges and pecans. This amazing cranberry salad is sweet, tart and crunchy and the beautiful color makes the perfect addition to your holiday meal.
For the Jell-o:
- 1 box of Raspberry gelatin (strawberry works fine too) (box that provides 8 and 1/2 servings)
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 apple cored and chopped
- 2 – 8 oz cans of pineapple tidbits. Drained, but reserve the juice for later.
- 1 – 11 oz can mandarin oranges, drained.
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped into small (use more if you especially like nuts – I usually do)
- 1 12 oz package of fresh cranberries
- 1 cup granulated sugar
Minimum of 6 hours before serving, but best if night before:
- In large bowl, dissolve jello in 2 cups boiling water.
- Add pineapple juice to measuring cup and add water until you have 1.5 cups pineapple juice and water combined.
- Add pineapple juice/water to jello, stir.
- Place cranberries and sugar into food processor and pulse till sugar is thoroughly combined and the cranberries are in small pieces
- Add chopped apple, pineapple, mandarin oranges, nuts and cranberry pieces to large serving container..
- Add liquid jello to dish and stir everything around.
- Place in fridge.
- When ready to serve, with a fork, stir cranberry jello salad around with a fork, breaking up the jello.
- Transfer to a serving dish and enjoy!
Jello box should be the size that serves 8 and 1/2 servings. The sugar free box is .6 oz and the regular sugar jello is 6 oz.