This recipe for Cranberry, Pomegranate Pineapple & Orange Sauce is so delicious, you’ll be eating it by the spoonful! It’s sweet and only a tiny bit tart, so even the cranberry haters will enjoy it!
- 1 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of pomegranate juice
- 1 package of fresh whole cranberries (16oz)
- 1 can of drained mandarin oranges, sliced in half (12 to 14 oz)
- 1 can of drained pineapple tidbits (12 to 14 oz)
- 4 oz chopped pecans
- Combine sugar, pomegranate juice and cranberries in a large saucepan. Bring to boil over high heat, cover and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Continue cooking for 15 minutes. (You will probably hear the cranberries popping.)
- Remove cranberry mixture from the heat and with the side of your spatula or spoon, gently crush most of the cranberries.
- Add in your oranges, pineapples and pecans. (With recipes like this, I like to start with about 3/4 the amount called for and give it a taste test to make sure the remainder of the ingredients are needed.)
- Allow the sauce to cool before serving.
I found the sauce was even better the 2nd day, so this is a great dish to prepare ahead of time!