Cheesy Chicken and Asparagus Pasta is a recipe everyone loves. It’s creamy, flavorful and filled hearty ingredients including chicken, pasta, cream, and asparagus!
- 8 to 12 oz of your favorite pasta shape (follow the serving size on the box, depending on how many you are cooking for)
- 1 Bunch Asparagus ends trimmed
- 1 tbs Olive Oil
- 2–3 Garlic Cloves – Minced
- 1 to 2 cups of chopped cooked chicken (don’t stress if you don’t have much chicken, it will still be good)
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp dried Basil
- 1 tsp dried Oregano
- a pinch or two (or four) of red pepper flakes – adjust to your families taste
- 1/4 cup half n half, heavy cream or milk
- 1/2 cup of chicken broth
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup of reserved pasta water
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese – Shredded
- Salt & Pepper
- Cook pasta as directed on package. (Be sure to use the recommended amount of salt, it makes the pasta taste so much better.) Add the asparagus to the water during the last 3 minutes of cooking. Drain and set aside. Reserve a cup of the pasta water.
- As the pasta is cooking, saute the minced garlic in a large skillet over medium heat for about 3 to 4 minutes. Don’t let it burn. (If you are not using precooked chicken, go ahead and cook it with the garlic.)
- Add chicken, onion powder, garlic powder, basil, oregano and red pepper flakes to the skillet. Saute another 2 minutes.
- Add the broth, milk/cream, cream cheese and half of the Parmesan to the chicken mixture, stir until well combined.
- Add the pasta and asparagus to the skillet, stir until combined. If pasta seems dry add reserved cooking liquid a little bit at a time, stirring over med-low heat until desired consistency is reached.
- Top with additional salt, pepper and Parmesan.
Keywords: skillet meal, chicken, pasta