Forget the takeout, this slow cooker Chicken Teriyaki Recipe can’t be beat!!
- 3 to 4 lbs of boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 6 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (more if you like a kick of spice)
- 4 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons cold water
- Cooked rice (Whatever type you like, I used brown rice.)
- Place chicken in the slow cooker.
- In a separate bowl, combine the sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, garlic and pepper.
- Pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken from the slow cooker.
- Skim fat from cooking liquid. (Wow, who knew there is so much fat in chicken thighs! Now I know why they taste so good. This is another reason I need a fat separator, I just used a spoon to skim the fat…)
- Place liquid in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth, then gradually stir into liquid and stir until sauce is thickened.
- To serve, top rice with chicken and cover with the Teriyaki Sauce.