This Death by Chocolate Bundt Cake is so rich, chocolatey, and moist! It’s made with a Chocolate cake mix, so it is super simple to make and will have you and your loved ones coming back for seconds.
- 1 15.25 oz box of chocolate fudge cake mix
- 1 3.9 oz package of chocolate instant pudding mix (the one with 4 servings)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1.5 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 cups confectioners sugar
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 12-cup bundt pan with oil, then dust with flour. Shake out the excess flour. Set the pan aside.
- Add the cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, sour cream, warm water, and oil to a large mixing bowl. Mix together with an electric mixer on low speed for 2 to 3 minutes., scraping the sides as needed. The batter will be thick. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, smoothing it out with a rubber spatula.
- Bake the cake for 45 to 50 minutes. When done, the cake will start to pull away from the sides of the pan.
- Place the cake on a wire rack to cool for about 20 minutes. Run a knife around the edge of the cake and invert it onto a serving platter. Allow the cake to cool fully before adding the frosting.
- While the cake is cooling, place the butter in a medium saucepan and Milt over low heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in the cocoa powder and milk. Let the mixture come to a boil, stirring continuously, and then remove the pan from the heat. Stir in the confectioner’s sugar until the frosting is smooth.
- Let the frosting cool down for a few minutes. You can then pour the frosting over the top of the cake. If you find your frosting has thickened too much, you can reheat it on the stove for a minute or two.
- Serving Size: 1/16 of cake
- Calories: 450
- Fat: 20
- Carbohydrates: 66
- Protein: 4
Keywords: chocolate bunt cake, death by chocolate bunt cake, cake mix chocolate bundt cake