This easy Carrot Poke Cake is amazingly delicious! Made from a boxed cake mix, plus a few additions like freshly grated carrots, pineapple, nuts, vanilla pudding, and cream cheese icing, you cannot go wrong with this cake.
- 1 box Spice Cake Mix
- 1/3 cup vegetable Oil
- 1 cup water
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup Shredded Carrots (about 2–3 medium sized carrots)
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts (plus some for topping)
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple
- 1 3.4 oz box vanilla pudding
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (16 oz) can cream cheese frosting
- In a large mixing bowl combine cake mix, vegetable oil, water, and eggs.
- Beat with a mixer for about 2 minutes until well combined.
- Then fold in the shredded carrots, crushed pineapple, and walnuts.
- Pour batter into a greased 9×13 baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 25-28 minutes until cooked.
- Let the cake cool completely before poking holes with the end of a wooden spoon.
- Mix pudding mix with cold milk to form pudding and pour over cake.
- Spread pudding until it covers the cake and sinks into holes.
- Then remove the cap and foil of the cream cheese frosting and microwave for about 15 – 25 seconds until pourable. (Do not over heat. You still want it thick enough so it stays where you pour.)
- Stir frosting and pour over cake and spread.
- Sprinkle with more walnuts on top.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serving Size: 1/12 of recipe
Keywords: poke cake, carrot cake, carrot poke cake, cake recipe,