This yummy, no pectin, Peach Jam Recipe is easy to make and sooo delicious!
- 3 1/2 pounds peaches (1 lb = 3 to 4 medium peaches), peeled, pitted, and cut into chunks
- 2 1/2 cups sugar (remember, you can start with less sugar and add more if needed, but don’t add too little or your jam won’t gel.)
- Juice from one lemon (Lemon juice is naturally high in pectin and will help the jam set.)
- Add peaches and lemon juice to a medium saucepan. Bring to boil over medium-high heat, using a spatula or masher to crush peaches to desired consistency.
- Reduce medium heat. Add the sugar to the peach mixture. Bring peaches back to a full rolling boil, stirring frequently.
- Continue to boil and stir, until peaches reduce and reach desired consistency. (Anywhere from 15 to 25 minutes – jam should stick to spoon when lifted and turned sideways.)
- Let the peach preserves cool, if you find the jam is not at the consistency you desire, you can bring the peaches back to boiling for about 10 minutes and then let it cool again.
- See tips in the FAQ section to learn how to tell when the jam is done.
- The amount of peach jam produced will vary depending on the size/juiciness of your peaches and how long you cook the jam. (The longer you cook, it will reduce the amount.)
- Nutrition calculated on getting 3 cups of jam from 3.5 pounds of peaches.
- Serving Size: 1 tablespoon
- Calories: 53
- Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 14
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 0
Keywords: peach jam, homemade peach jam, how to make peach jam without pectin