This loaded Baked Potato Soup for one is rich, creamy, loaded with cheddar cheese and all your favorite toppings. Plus it’s made in the microwave in less than 5 minutes!
- 1/2 cup potato pulp
- 1/2 cup milk (2% or higher)
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese
- 1/2 tbs butter
- 1/8 tsp salt and pepper
- optional toppings: green onions, bacon, sour cream, extra shredded cheese
- Add cooked potatoes to a mug or bowl. Use a fork to thoroughly mash the potatoes. (If the potatoes are cold, warm in the microwave for about a minute.)
- Add milk and butter, stir and mash the potatoes a bit more until the milk, butter and potatoes are thoroughly combined.
- In the microwave, heat potato mixture for about a minute.
- Add the cheese, salt and pepper, stir to combine. Heat at 60% power for another minute.
- Top with your favorite baked potato toppings (bacon bits, green onion, extra cheese and or/sour cream.)
Use Yukon Gold potatoes for creamiest potatoe soup. (I hve found standard baking potatoes result in a grainy potato soup.
Whole milk is best for a creamy, rich flavor. (Definitely don’t use less than 2% milk.)
Keywords: soup, potatoes, potato soup