These Easy Mac and Cheese Waffles are crispy on the outside and cheesy on the inside! (Mac and cheese cooked on a waffle iron! ) What’s not to love?
- 4 to 6 servings of your favorite prepared mac and cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded cheese
- spray oil
- Waffle iron
- Heat waffle iron on high setting.
- Spray iron with oil.
- Fill iron with mac and cheese, topping with additional shredded cheese.
- Close iron and cook for about 5 minutes. (I did not force mine to close all the way.) You want the mac and cheese to be just to the point of being brown and crispy- but not over cooked, since the mac and cheese could dry out. (The extra cheese helps with this.)
- After cooking allow waffle to cool just a bit and carefully loose the edges of the waffle. The waffle should pop right out!
- Serving Size: 1/8 of recipe
- Calories: 139
- Fat: 4
- Carbohydrates: 18
- Protein: 6
Keywords: waffle iron, mac and cheese, mac and cheese waffles